Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Indiana University School of Medicine
- BS Chemistry 1965 UC Berkeley
- MS Physics 1967 UW Madison
- PhD Biophysics 1969 UW Madison
- Postdoc 1969-1973 Yale University
- Director of the Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Many proteins and protein regions fail to fold into 3D structure and yet carry out biological function.
Dr. Dunker uses both computational and experimental methods to discover sequence-function relationships for these intrinsically disordered proteins and regions. Computational methods include data mining and various neural network and support vector machine predictors.